Connect with us

Education

JAMB Releases Extra 15,490 UTME Results

Published

on

Jamb Candidate
Jamb Candidate

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released an extra 15, 490 candidates results.

Candidates, who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in April, and whose results were withheld for one reason or the other can now recheck

The board, however, said it released the results after clearing the affected candidates of all various examination violations.
Meanwhile, PostNaija had recently reported that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB had revealed the cut-off marks for the 2019/2020 Admissions
JAMB had also earlier revealed that none of the candidates that sat for the exam had more than one result.
The Exam board’s Head, Media and Publications, Dr Fabian Benjamin, more so, revealed that candidates with more than one result were victims of examination malpractices.

Education

Sexual harassment: lecturers in trouble – VC warns

Published

on

Sexual harassment lecturers in trouble VC warns

The Vice-Chancellor of Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK), Prof. Suleiman Mohammed, has promised to dismiss any lecturer caught harassing female students on campus.

Prof. Suleiman, said this on Thursday while giving a goodwill note at a seminar organized by the Centre for Gender Studies of the university in Keffi.

Being represented by Prof. Akinwumi Olayemi, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics) of the institution, Mohammed stated that the laws of the institution were quite clear on the issue of sexual harassment.

“The sanction for any staff member found culpable of the act is immediate sacking from the institution and the management would ensure the law is enforced to serve as a deterrent to others,” the VC stated

He, however, applauded the center for putting up such a seminar thereby assuring them of his support in championing the cause to fight Gender-Based Violence in the nation.

Hajiya Hauwa’u Mainoma, in her welcome address, as the Director of the Centre, called on the Federal Government as well as other stakeholders to immediately take steps towards tackling gender-based violence in the country.

She also explained that the seminar so far was first of its kind by the center since its inception in 2017.

According to her, the high rate of sexual violence in institutions informed the center to put set aside the event aimed at creating consciousness on the menace.

Mainoma however, called for a stiffer penalty for perpetrators of gender-based violence, giving that it will create equal opportunity to put their God-giving potential to good use.

Prof. Charity Angya, the former Vice-Chancellor, Benue State University, Makurdi, also stated that gender-based violence goes beyond mere physical attacks on someone due on the person’s gender.

Angya noted that both gender-based violence at some point in Nigeria occur but more women were molested than men.

She also explained that gender-based violence did occur more in places of work and academic environment due to the high level of discrimination in careers path.

“Education is a right and government must eliminate any tradition militating against girl-child learning in the country.

“Such move will naturally resolve the violence that most women go through in the society,” she stated

The former VC counseled that men should greatly take on careers and courses hitherto supposed to be exclusively reserved for women and vice-versa, as a solution to ending gender-based violence in Nigeria.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) thereby reported that the seminar thus has as its theme: ‘Gender-Based Violence and the Survival of Education in Nigeria’.

Continue Reading

Education

2019 UTME: JAMB removes results of candidates over forgery

Published

on

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has pulled back the results of four candidates who took an interest at its 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

This was reported in an announcement by the board’s Head, Media, and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin in Lagos.

As indicated by the announcement, the candidates are found to have fraudulently increased their scores at the examination.

Meanwhile, “One of the candidates, who is the primary culprit, had alleged that he initially scored 290 and that it was, in the end, decreased to 153.

“Following this case, he was welcomed by the board’s headquarters for appropriate screening.

“It was at this point that it was found and proved to him that his case was false and in that capacity, he has been profoundly engaged with genuine infraction and forgery of the examination result.

“He, however, confessed to the forgery,” he included.

Further checks on his handset likewise uncovered that he was not the only one as there was proof that he had similarly been belittled by three different candidates with their enlistment numbers and names expressed plainly, for conceivable unlawful faking of results,” the announcement said.

According to the statement, no endeavors will be saved by the board, in distinguishing and endorsing any person who endeavors to undermine the trustworthiness of the board’s examination by whatever means.

The statement reviewed that the board had, during the arrival of its 2019 UTME results on May 11, clarified that post examination disclosure of genuine infraction may prompt the withdrawal of any discharged outcomes.

It further expressed that some candidates ‘ outcomes were retained for further checks, adding that anybody observed not to be at fault would have his or her result processed and released

Meanwhile, after the confirmation, various results were discharged while others were canceled.

“There were, in any case, some that required further direct cooperation and interview, to set up plainly, regardless of whether they were culpable or not.

“Candidates in this category were welcome to show up in eight assigned centers across the nation on Monday, June 17.

“The designated centers are Abuja, Asaba, Ibadan, Gombe, Ilorin, Kaduna, Lagos, and Owerri.

“The affected candidates also had since directed the intelligence committee of the board to determine their culpability in some discovered examination infraction,” it said.

The statement, also stated that 3,736 candidates were found to be either free of any blame, or entitled to the benefit of the doubt and thus, had their results released.

Therefore, the withheld 3,736 results of candidates affected are now released,” it stated.

Continue Reading

Education

JAMB Reveals Cut-off Marks For 2019/2020 Admission

Published

on

By

Jamb News

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) declares 160 as the national minimum yardstick for admission into public universities.

This decision was however reached at the 19th Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria on Tuesday in Osun state, southwest Nigeria.

Approved also was 120 as the cut-off mark for all public polytechnics and 110 for private polytechnics. Meanwhile, 100 was ratified as the cut-off mark for colleges of education nationwide.
The meeting, which had in attendance, Vice Chancellors of universities, Rectors of Polytechnics as well as Provost of colleges of education, was presided over by JAMB Registrar Prof. Ishaq Oloyede.

Meanwhile, PostNaija also learned that December 19, was approved as the date for close of all admissions into public universities while February 15, 2020, was assigned for private universities.

Professor Oloyede, however, said that admission into all tertiary institution would be conducted on Central Admission Processing System.

He also stated that JAMB was not responsible for the fixing of cut-off marks for any tertiary institutions but a consensus between the institutions and all stakeholders at the policy meeting.

Institutions cannot fix cut-off marks beneath what the stakeholders has unanimously agreed at the policy meeting, he said.

JAMB Spokesman, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, thus advised all candidates who sat the 2019 UTME to disregard any fake cut-off mark being peddled by fraudsters,

Continue Reading

Trending